The Congress will highlight recent research and innovations across food supply chains to add value and enable the safe, secure and sustainable manufacture of healthier foods for global markets.
|Call for Abstracts Opens||5 June 2019|
|Registration Opens||5 June 2019|
|Call for Abstracts Closes||30 October 2019|
|Notification to Authors||2 December 2019|
|Authors’ acceptance of their selection deadline||31 January 2020|
|Full Programme live on Congress website||28 Feb 2020|
|Accepted Presenter Registration Closes||19 June 2020|
|Early Bird Registration Closes||19 June 2020|
|IUFoST 2020||16–20 August 2020|
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR ABSTRACTS
The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to select abstracts submitted for review based on quality criteria including, but not limited to:
- Scientific merit
- Relevance to Congress Themes and Sessions (see below)
- Relevance to the food industry
- Relevance to the global food science and technology community
- Innovation/Originality of research (the research should NOT have been published or presented in another conference)
- Multidisciplinary focus
Any abstract submitted that does not meet the above quality criteria will not be selected. The decision of the Scientific Programme Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract. The available presentation types are:
- Oral Presentation
An oral presentation is typically 18 minutes which includes time for questions.
- Poster Presentation
A poster presentation constitutes a visual display of research projects. One display board will be allocated per poster. The poster display will be an integral part of the program with dedicated times for delegates to interact with poster authors and ask questions. More information regarding the logistics of the poster presentations will be advised later.
- Food Safety
- Food Security
- Food Sustainability
- Contemporary food science, technology and engineering issues
Please view the 71 sessions here and choose the one most appropriate session for your abstract.
Please click on the abstract template button below to download and save the template
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
STEP 1: Populating the abstract template
Download the template, save it to your desktop and populate your abstract into the template in the required format.
Abstracts submitted that do not use this template will not be considered.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your abstract text should be no more than 200 words
- Your abstract should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the presentation and should include a brief introduction and justification of the research, results, discussion and conclusions, and industry relevance as appropriate. Your abstract should be sufficiently comprehensive to allow assessment of the scope and content of your presentation by the 2020 IUFoST World Congress Scientific Programme Committee
After completing the template, move onto step 2.
STEP 2: Create an account
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. If you submitted a session, please use the login you created then. Once you have created an account within this portal, you can proceed with your abstract submission.
STEP 3: Submitting your abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on “Abstract Submission” in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The title of your abstract
- Presentation type (oral or poster; preference only)
- Theme: From the drop-down menu, select the appropriate session to which your abstract is aligned. You can also select Other / Special session if your abstract is aligned to one of the topics shown under Other / Special sessions
- Name and organisation of all co-authors
- A brief biography of the presenting author (maximum of 200 words)
- Upload your completed abstract
Once you have entered in this information you will then be able to submit your abstract.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will not be considered for inclusion in the programme.
- All fields in the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- You will be able to access the speaker portal account to edit draft submissions and submit additional abstracts.
- Once your abstract has been successfully submitted abstracts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any changes.
- Changes after 30th October won’t be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields.
- A maximum of 3 abstracts can be submitted by each presenting author.
Please complete each step within the portal and then select the Submit button to successfully submit your abstract. Please note this button will appear only when all fields have been completed. You can also choose to Save as Draft at any time. You can view all your drafts and successfully submitted abstracts in the Your Abstracts tab.
Once your abstract is submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your abstract has not been submitted. The abstract will be found under the Your Abstracts tab and you will need to complete the missing information and submit it.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check whether your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process.
AUTHOR NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
Notification of the outcome of your submission will be communicated to the presenting author by 2 December 2019.
Please note that the details provided as the author contact should be for the presenting author of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute it to all co-authors as applicable.
Acceptance of this offer must be notified to the Program Coordinator no later than Friday 31 January 2020.
ABSTRACT PRESENTER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register for the Congress before Friday 19 June 2020 in order for the presentation to be included in the Congress Programme. Failure to register by this date will result in your slot being given to another presenter.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact:
IUFoST 2020 Congress Office
Tel: +64 9 309 2440