The Congress will highlight recent research and innovations across food supply chains to add value and enable the safe, secure and sustainable manufacture of healthier foods for global markets.
|Call for Sessions Opens||18 January 2019|
|Call for Sessions Closes||30 April 2019|
|Session Reviewing complete||30 May 2019|
|Call for Abstracts opens||4 June 2019|
|IUFoST 2020||16–20 August 2020|
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR SESSIONS
There will be a total of 68 sessions at the Congress, each lasting for 1.5 hours and featuring 5 speakers who will each have 18 minutes including question time. Once the 68 sessions have been selected, the Call for Abstracts will commence where each submitted abstract will be required to nominate the session in which they wish to present. While session proposals can include the name of potential speakers, they will need to submit an abstract and compete with other abstracts for a speaking slot.
The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to select sessions submitted for review based on quality criteria including, but not limited to:
- Scientific merit, topicality and novelty
- Relevance to Congress Themes
- Relevance to the food industry
- Relevance to the global food science and technology community
- Multidisciplinary focus
Any session proposal submitted that does not meet the above quality criteria will not be selected. The decision of the Scientific Programme Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Food Safety
- Food Security
- Food Sustainability
- Contemporary food science, technology and engineering issues
Please click on the session template button below to download and save the template.
CALL FOR SESSION SUBMISSIONS
Session submissions involve a three-step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded correctly into the portal.
STEP 1: Populating the session template
Download the template, save it to your desktop and populate your session into the template in the required format.
Session proposals submitted that do not use this template will not be considered.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your session text should be no more than 150 words
- Your session proposal should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the session and should include a brief description of the areas to be covered, including industry relevance as appropriate. Your session proposal should be sufficiently comprehensive to allow assessment of the scope and content of the session by the 2020 IUFoST World Congress Scientific Programme Committee
STEP 2: Creating an account
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload a session proposal. Once you have created an account within this portal, you can proceed with your session submission.
STEP 3: Submitting your session proposal
Once you have logged into the session submission portal and updated your contact details, click on “Session Submission” in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the session file:
- The title of your session
- Theme: From the drop-down menu, select the appropriate theme to which your session is aligned
- Name and organisation of proposer
- Your completed session proposal (maximum 150 words)
Once you have entered in this information you will then be able to submit your session proposal.
- All session proposals must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will not be considered for inclusion in the programme.
- All fields in the online session submission form must be completed.
- A maximum of 2 session proposals can be submitted by each person
Please complete each step within the portal and then select the “Submit” button to successfully submit your session proposal. Please note this button will show only when all fields have been completed.
Once your session proposal is submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your session has not been submitted.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check whether your session proposal has uploaded correctly during the upload process.
SESSION SUBMISSION NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
Notification of the outcome of your submission will be communicated to the submitter by 30 May 2019.
For any queries on the Call for Sessions, please contact the team at email@example.com or +64 9 309 2440.