The IUFoST 2020 Local Organising Committee is pleased to announce that the call for applications for 2020 World Congress Event Attendance Scholarships is now open. These Scholarships are designed to financially assist an individual in participating in the Congress. The IUFoST Congress will be held in Auckland, New Zealand from 16th – 20th August 2020.
There are TWO Scholarship types available:
- The IUFoST Scholarship for attendees from low income and developing countries
- The NZIFST Scholarship for young scientists and technologists with a dairy focus
A number of Scholarships in each category will be awarded and each will be up to a maximum of $US2,400 based on merit and as determined by the scholarship committee. Successful applicants are not necessarily guaranteed to be offered this maximum scholarship amount. Applicants may apply in only one category.
This is the official call and application form for the IUFoST 2020 Congress Event Scholarships. The accompanying information should be read in conjunction with the official application form, and the scholarship committee will consider only properly submitted applications.
- IUFoST Scholarship applicants must be a citizen of and currently live in a low-income or developing country according to the World Bank for fiscal year 2020, see full list here.
- NZIFST Dairy Focus Scholarship applicants must be aged 35 years or under.
Individuals who wish to apply for either scholarship must:
- Be an IUFoST or NZIFST member through an Organization (Full Member or Member in Association) or as an Individual Member, with their membership fee paid in full for the year.
- ability to contribute to their employer and/or their country.
- Attend the full duration of the Congress.
- Application/Nomination shall be limited to a maximum of 2 pages and must include:
- Name, address, date of birth, email address, company/government/university association and employment position/description.
- A photograph of the applicant, preferably in their place of employment.
- A statement of not more than 600 words, describing the contributions the international opportunity will have to the applicant’s career.
- A 100-word summary of the nomination material, suitable for publication in the IUFoST/Congress Newsletters or websites.
- A brief budget for the travel, including any and all other sources of funding.
- Any other supporting information the applicant deems relevant.
- The successful applicant must complete a full registration to the congress prior to claiming reimbursement for any expenses.
- Use of the “Expense Payment Request Form” is required. This may be obtained through the IUFoST LOC Office.
- All reimbursement claims, pre- or post-Congress, are to be submitted electronically to the LOC Office with a completed Expense Payment Request Form and receipts.
- Up to half of the Scholarship will be provided to the recipient prior to the World Congress, but only after Congress registration is completed (receipts must be submitted). The recipient may apply to have some of the first payment of the scholarship credited to their Congress registration fee.
- A travel/Congress report (photos, videos encouraged) is required from each recipient of these Congress Scholarships. This is to be submitted to the LOC within 2 months of the conclusion of the Congress, and prior to any expense claim for the balance of the scholarship. The report must not exceed 3 pages in length.All reports become the property of IUFoST and NZIFST and may be placed on their websites or excerpts used in their newsletters etc.
- The balance of actual expenses, up to the scholarship value, will be reimbursed following the conclusion of the World Congress and after the LOC has received the travel/congress report.
Please be aware that this application requires multiple components, including information that must be filled out by your association’s Contact Person. We highly recommend starting the application as early as possible.
Completed application forms with signatures must be submitted to the Committee as a word document or PDF by 28 February 2020 via the online portal
When sending your application, please rename the file to specify the IUFoST 2020 Congress Event grant and your name: “IUFoST 2020 Congress Event Grant – Insert Name”.
All applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision by 31 March 2020.