On behalf of the IUFoST World Congress of Food Science and technology, we kindly invite you to become a volunteer during the Congress that will be held from 16 – 21 August 2020 at Aotea Centre, Auckland New Zealand.
Volunteers play an integral role in supporting IUFoST 2020 and we look forward to welcoming you as part of our team. Volunteers are key in creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere to delegates while assisting the hosts to deliver a professionally run Congress.
Training sessions will be offered to volunteers and an information kit will be provided regarding specific duties and benefits.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for volunteers who have the time, dedication and enthusiasm to assist us to deliver a successful international event. If you are professional, committed, hardworking, reliable and culturally sensitive, then you are exactly what we are looking for.
- Call for volunteers opens 15 January 2020 and closes 28 February 2020.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Volunteers must be English speaking.
- Volunteers must be available, through their own arrangements, to perform volunteer duties from 16 – 20 August 2020. IUFoST does not provide accommodation or transport during the congress. Volunteers to take care of their own visa requirements if required.
- Volunteers must be physically fit and maintain a moderate level of physical activity for the shift duration.
- Volunteers must commit to at least three 5/6-hour shifts (total of 15-18 hours).
- Volunteers agree to wear black shoes, black pants/skirt and a volunteer t-shirt (shirt provided by the Congress).
- Volunteers to attend a volunteer conference call for a staff training session on August, July 15 and onsite training as required.
- Volunteers must be welcoming, flexible, approachable, friendly and helpful to the +1,500 delegates who are attending from around the world.
- Volunteers must do a thorough handover with volunteer taking over the next shift.
- Volunteers must not offer their services as a volunteer if they do not believe they will be able to meet the minimum requirement in shifts.
1. Access to sessions during shifts when not engaged in tasks
Volunteering is a great way for you to get involved with the IUFoST 2020 Congress and registration is free.
Volunteers are a valued part of the Congress, and are able to attend sessions when committed to three shifts during their shift and if not busy with allotted tasks. If volunteer shifts are not fulfilled, a registration fee will apply.
2. Meet and Network:
Meet and network with researchers, practitioners, academics, administrators, industry representatives and students involved from all over the world.
3. Your personal and professional growth:
By taking advantage of this great opportunity you can develop personally and professionally. Certificates of attendance will be given to volunteers for participating in the training sessions.
4. Add to your CV:
Certificate of attendance for volunteers will be given after completion of your volunteer tasks.
5. Complimentary food and beverages:
Volunteers will be provided with food and beverages while on duty.
A list of roles is available here along with responsibilities and schedules. Please review these before proceeding to the registration page.
How to apply?
Please register your interest here before 28th February 2020. During the registration process you will be asked to select the shifts you are available to be on duty and which day you’d like to attend sessions. Please review the shift times and roles before starting the application.
Volunteer registrations will be confirmed by 30th March 2020.